The end of a fabulous week!
Remember to work backwards through the questions and turn the operations into their inverse partners!!
- I think of a number. I multiply it by 2 and my answer is 24. What was my number?
- I think of a number. I add 16 and my answer is 36. What was my number?
- I think of a number. I subtract 25 and add 2. My answer is 27, what was my number?
- I think of a number. I add 15 and then multiply by 2. My answer is 32, what was my number?
- I think of a number. I divide by 2, add 98 and my answer is 100. What was my number?
Now write your own “I think of a number” word problem.
You have two weeks to find information, in note form, on a person of your choice to write a biography for. It could be family member, friend or celebrity. As discussed in the classroom, it must be a real person. Start collecting information- what might you need to know?
We will be using this information in the classroom to write our biographies (on your chosen person), if you haven’t collected enough (important) information you won’t be able to write it!